OVER HEAD TO UNDERGROUND MAINS CABLE CHANGE OVER
Is safer and more secure in severe weather conditions remove the need for tree pruning. It improves the appearance of the street and increases the value of your property. It reduces personal safety hazard caused by fallen power lines caused by storms or car accidents involving power poles. Metro Electrical 24 Hour Electricians can manage all your underground power needs for domestic, sub-divisions and commercial premises. We liaise with Western Power on your behalf and organise all the paperwork involved. To change to underground power you will need to apply to Western Power for an underground pole to pillar conversion.
Metro Electrical 24 Hour Electricians has the equipment and expertise to install your underground consumer mains cabling. This is the cable that connects your property to the pillar which Western Power connects your underground power to. Metro Electrical 24 Hour Electricians can carry out this necessary underground cabling to your property throughout Perth and suburbs.
Metro Electrical 24 Hour Electricians is accredited by Western Power. We work with Western Power on your behalf to make sure the transition from pole power to pillar connection goes smoothly with no delays in power shutdown other than what is necessary. If the power is to be temporarily interrupted you must confirm with Western Power that interruption in power will adversely anyone at the property who relies on Life Support Equipment.
Our electricians at Metro Electrical 24 Hour Electricians will carry out the connection from pillar to your meter box. Once you have applied to Western Power for a pole to pillar conversion and have the approval. Western Power will install a pillar near the front of your property. Metro Electrical 24 Hour Electricians will then install the consumer mains cabling from the pillar to your meter box. We will contact Western Power when we are carrying out this work. Western Power will come and disconnect power form the pole to your property and then connect power to your new pillar. We at Metro Electrical 24 Hour Electricians can make the transition very simple for you by organising the whole process.
Process of getting your over head power lines converted to under ground power
- Apply to Western Power for a quote and to see if its possible to convert your over head supply to a under ground. See the Western Power link below
- Have western power install the new green dome that we will be connecting your underground supply mains cable to.
- Once the green dome is install we can provide an accurate quote as before this stage it is unknown what side of the property Western Power will install the green dome. You can email or text through the photos the green domes location, your switch board and a photo of the front yard of the house or where the cable will run.
- Our quote will include the installation and connect stage, 2 site visits are necessary, one for installing the new mains supply cable from the green dome to the switch board and one visit for the connection stage. The quote will include supplying and installing the new mains cable and also digging of the trench for the mains cable, unless otherwise specified. Most over head power supply to underground conversions are priced between $1000-$2000. This does not include any fee and charges that Western Power charge.
- Now that the green dome is installed we can install your new under ground mains connection. Your old over head power supply will stay connected at this stage so you still have power.
- Once we have installed your new under ground mains cable we will submit our ticket to Western Power, once they have received our ticket they will contact us to arrange a connection date. This is generally 2-4 weeks after they receive our ticket.
- On the connection day we will be there along with Western Power to disconnect your over head power supply and connect your new under ground mains supply. This usually takes about 30 minutes to an hour, this is the only time you will be without power.
Note: Our quote will need to be paid in full on the day after completing the installation of the new under ground mains cable.